This came as a little surprise for me, since I did not know what it was. The Liebster Award is obviously an award; however it is given to bloggers by other bloggers. I was nominated by dandylion13, whose blog is known as Viewer Discretion is Advised. I was a little surprised with this since I saw the post before I was contacted by him. I even had to double check to know if that blog he nominated was really me. Anyway, I just want to say thank you for nominating me for this.
Now, there are several conditions for the Liebster Award, the first being answering some questions.
Here are the 11 questions asked to me.
1) Why did you start you blog?
I am not really sure. I remember back in October 2014 I was thinking of starting to do anime reviews. I knew I could not record anything. At the same time it felt like writing them was the best choice, I am majoring in Professional Writing. Also it was not till November where my journalism class started talking about reviews, and I decided to write the Date a Live review, even though it went up on here a month later. I think that was when I really decided to do it. My original plan was to wait to take the class on writing for the web, well I might be able to take that in the fall, and clearly I did not wait to take that class to start here.
2) If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
I would have to say one of three places, Italy, England or Japan. I doubt I need to say why for Japan. England and Italy is mostly because I have heritage there and those where places I have always wanted to go since I was little.
3) Who is your role model?
Going for the cheesy answer and saying my parents.
4) What is your favorite television show?
Show that ended would be Psych. Currently airing either Agents of Shield or Walking Dead. Anime would be Fairy Tail.
5) What is your favorite video game?
Pokemon, not going to say more than that, other than the fact I played it since I was six and I still play it when the new games come out.
6) Who is your favorite character from fiction?
From comics I would have to say Spiderman, and from anime, that one would be a difficult answer.
7) What is one thing you would love to do that may seem impossible?
Being able to buy the Monogatari series, even though it costs several hundred dollars just for the first 12 episodes.
Being serious though, being able to learn another language to the point where I do not need to look up the word to know I am right.
8) What is your favorite sport?
Does watching the Super Bowl when the Pats play count as liking a sport? I do not follow sports or really care that much about sports. I mean sure, I will care if the Red Sox are in the World Series, but that is about it, since I am not really a baseball fan.
9) What is your favorite activity to do?
Writing stories, *cough* check out my deviantart or wattpad version of Hero Team in Training *cough*. The stories I write tend to fall into the superhero genre, which falls under fantasy, which I write a lot of stories in as well that are considered just fantasy.
10) What is one thing you hope to accomplish in life?
Generic answer: Getting married and having kids, and hopefully getting my book published.
Serious yet still used for comedic effect answer: Not dying alone.
11) Why do you have to be so rude?
11 Random Facts about myself
- My parents do not know I am into anime, and no one in my family but my younger brother does. He often teases me about it since he does not really get anime, at the same time he does not really care and is just doing that as something to tease me about, especially in front of my parents.
- I write a lot, and I mean a lot.
- I am a Junior in College.
- I have a big manga collection that is somehow hidden in my room. (Soon to be over 40 volumes worth of manga)
- I am often very shy in person, until I warm up to people.
- I unintentionally bring up the fact I am into anime to everyone, if the case presents itself.
- There are times when I question why I am watching anime, but this is when I am watching anime, so it quickly fades and I continue watching it.
- Being a little random and trying to be funny is sometimes hit and miss for me.
- I have only been into anime for 3 years.
- I am the oldest sibling in my family.
- I live in Massachusetts.
Here are my questions for my nominees?
- How did you get into anime?
- What made you want to do an anime blog?
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
- What is the first thing that pops into your mind after reading this question?
- Do you share your hobbies in real life with anyone?
- Could you say something random?
- What was your favorite cartoon growing up (not an anime)?
- If you were stuck on a stranded island what three things would you want to have with you?
- What is something that you want to do, but have not yet?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Did you find it hard to think of 11 questions?
Official Rules of the Liebster Award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
Okay, now that is out of the way, I have five nominations.
- Shay-shay’s Anime Blog – For good content and discussions that is brought up.
- Anime Corps (Nick and others) – Lot of different reviews, with different writers, also gave me the idea for the link exchange.
- Icysquirrel – Good first impressions and ending reactions to series as well as reviews.
- Lita Kino Anime Reviews – Very new to blogging, but has good reviews.
- Anime Reporter – Has good manga, anime, and movie reviews.
Again, I just want to say thanks to dandylion13 at Viewer Discretion is Advised. Also thank you to my readers. I also want to thank my nominees, since a majority of them gave me ideas for things to either try on my blog or have an idea for a future topic to talk about or just ideas of an anime series to watch as well. This was fun and I hope that you guys have fun too, be it reading this or doing this yourself.